First the good - remember my dead bay tree... it's back! How totally cool is that? I was just being lazy in that I didn't pull it out & buy another but now...
 |
| Look at all those new leaves! |
 |
| And it has them ALL THE WAY DOWN! |
The green netting - still holding!
 |
| Yes, small but OURS! The ones the raccoon got were about 5-6 oz - this 1 oz.... |
Ok for the bad - here's what my acorn squash in Robin was like :(
 |
| The acorn squash is on the left side |
 |
| Obviously rotten... |
So I ripped that out & put a summer squash there because the summer squash in Rick now looks like this!
 |
| It WAS OK.... just last week got a squash! |
Continuing on our "bad tour" this is Meg's spaghetti squash - all are dead except the one on the right. Not enough water? Too much DE (there were TONS of ants)- not enough fertilizer??? The pumpkin on the other side of Meg looks the same - dead, & no new leaves.
 |
| Got 1 rotten SMALL spaghetti squash out of here :( |
YIKES! What am I doing wrong? Sigh - these are experiments - next year will be better.... repeat! These are experiments - next year will be better.... repeat!
We have done some changes - we have upped the amount of water the plants are getting & I had been doing algae foliar feeding weekly. Then everything went light green, we changed to something with HIGH nitrogen & that seemed to help. We have now fed them twice with a 24/8/16 fertilizer & I took pics of before & after. Really we didn't need the pics - ALL the plants have now taken off & growing & looking soooo much better. So, was it the lack of water - lack of correct feeding??? Both?? Who knows, who cares - grow baby grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment