I'm going to try again for my lettuce. Here are my seedlings. They all have 2 true leaves & are a bit leggy. Sorry the pic is sideways, but don't see a way to rotate it. I will rotate before uploading in the future.
 |
Lettuce seedlings
|
|
 |
| Here are 4 planted, along with a red onion that's been there. |
|
I planted all of the seedlings today (18). The varieties are all supposed to be heat tolerant. This weekend I will set up a shade cloth. We've had SUCH unseasonably hot weather already - high 80's maybe 90 today, that it's probably a really LOW chance of them actually turning out . But hey I have the seeds & they are already sprouted & one more batch going behind these in the garage, so we'll see.
I have some more cherry tomatoes which are almost ready to pick. As you can see below, I'm not the only one watching them.
 |
| The WAR is ON! |
I have a terrible time, mostly with mocking birds, eating my tomatoes, & also my red bell peppers. I have tried a variety of ways of netting them in years past. Mostly, they see the red, pick thru the net & or manage to get INTO the bed thru an, unseen by me, opening in the netting. Not a good thing for them either.
This year I have new green netting that seems to drape much easier & I'm hoping that since the net is green it will disguise the red a bit too. Now the trick is for us to put on the netting so that the birds don't get in but it's still quick for US to get in. Stay tuned.
1 comment:
Good luck with that. Or hire a neighborhood kid with a slingshot. ;)
Post a Comment